I wrote about my first processor and the PABX it worked in here. I started to write about my second processor, another part of the same PABX. All went swimmingly for a while, then I started having doubts. I needed to do such-and-such and I can think of three ways of doing it but can’t remember the way I actually did it. And why did I do so-and-so at all, the whole thing would work so much better without it.
I gave up writing for a few days. Then, when searching for something altogether different, I came across the patent application for this device. I was amazed how much I had got wrong or mis-remembered. I threw the posting away and started it again, this time with good documentary evidence. Bear this in mind in my other postings; at that distance in time the best of my recollection is pretty poor. On the other hand, the patent applications for both this processor and the PABX as a whole didn’t describe the PABX we actually made, but rather the one we wanted to make next, one with 23 extensions and six outside lines. So perhaps my memory isn’t as bad as it appears. We will never know.
So when you read my writings, you may wish to suspend your disbelief and treat them as works of fiction. I won’t mind.